Did you know that at Hitch King, we do more than just hitch outfitting? We also provide the easiest and most affordable way to move by offering moving truck rentals. We work closely with our sister company, Empire Rent A Car to provide moving trucks for local moves to the residents of Brooklyn, Queens, and NYC, and we are also an authorized Penske truck rental company for longer distances or one-way moves. We want your move to be as stress-free as possible, so we’ve also put together these three tips to remember as moving day approaches.
1. Practice Safe Driving
Box trucks can be tricky to drive if you are not used to them. There are a few things you need to keep in mind if you’re a box truck rookie:
- Familiarize yourself with the truck and all of the specifics. Prior to departure, adjust your mirrors and seats, and get comfortable with the light switches, turn signals, and windshield wipers.
- Be prepared to drive slowly, make wide turns, and keep a healthy distance from cars in front of you.
- Try to stay on main roads when driving the moving truck. Avoid winding and narrow roads.
- Be cognizant of bridges, underpasses, and drive-thrus. You don’t want to get stuck under a bridge and damage the truck!
2. Consider Additional Insurance
Supplemental moving truck insurance is a good idea if you are driving the truck a long distance. Often, this insurance is not very expensive and can be a real lifesaver should something unexpected happen on the road. Even scrapes and scratches on a box truck can result in significant liability, if uninsured.
3. Pack Efficiently
When packing the truck, be sure to secure large furniture and tie down loose boxes. Furniture and valuable boxes can be easily damaged if not appropriately secured. Many moving trucks are supplied with bungie cords and furniture blankets to further protect your belongings.
The pros at Hitch King are here to help alleviate your moving worries. We feature moving truck rentals at both of our locations, and we carry all of the necessities you need to get packed up and on the move, including boxes, tape, and other supplies. For a free quote, contact us today at (516) 888-3663 to make your reservation.